To reset the ink level guage back to full follow
# 56 C 6656
This will allow you to
reset the ID system & Ink Level Indicator built into the
1. Remove cartridge from your
2. Place a piece of tape over the top left contact as shown in
red on the picture to the right.
3. With the tape covering the contact
place cartridge back into printer.
4. The printer will perform and
5. Once an alignment page has been printed remove
cartridge from printer.
6. Place a piece of tape over the second contact
shown in red.
7. Place cartridge into printer with both pieces of tape.
(One covering the first contact and one cover the second contact.)
Printer will print another alignment page.
9. Once the second alignment
page has been printed remove cartridge from printer.
10. Remove tape
pieces from cartridge contacts (Make sure there is no
residual adhesive on cartridge contacts.)
11. Place cartridge into
printer. Cartridge should now read full.
As stated above it is very important that there is no residual
adhesive on the cartridge contact point. This will make reading the